Bend, Oregon based Big Mountain Heli Tours are no strangers to the challenges of global tourism. With over 35 years of tourism development experience from white shark cage diving to aviation, we specialize in delivering a fresh look at your existing tourism operation or a complete tourism plan featuring destination research, development, management, web design, brand design and marketing for the unique needs of helicopter tourism.
Helicopter Tourism Consulting
Helicopter tourism is not fixed wing tourism and appeals to a broader client base seeking authentic tourism experiences, that is why it is imperative that helicopter companies seeking to develop tourism hire from the outside to free up your aviation focused staff to do what they do best – fly. Our team looks at your operation and region with a focus on tourism opportunities and development. The aviation and tourism industry is broad and varied with specialist support required at every turn. We are tourism focused industry specialists ready to assist with global expertise and advice.
Helicopter Tourism Results
Tourism results come in many forms… more clicks, shares, eyes, exposure, and revenue are among the most frequently sought. But not all results are tallied in clear, tangible quantities. We are often asked to shift the perception of a brand. Or develop a shoulder season. Or evaluate complex situations to make decision-making simple. We’re versatile in choosing the right tools to get the job done. And while our patient determination shepherds clients all the way to the long-term goal line, our passionate professional agility scores the short-term wins of today. Check out some of the results we’ve delivered to clients around the world.
Social Media Helicopter Tourism
Social media has made a huge impact on the helicopter tourism industry. Consumers engage with social networking sites to research trips, make informed decisions about their travels and share their personal experiences. TripAdvisor in particular has had a wide-reaching effect on the industry. It has 75 million unique monthly visitors who are actively seeking out travel information and advice from the sources they trust the most: other tourists and holiday-makers.
This style of user-generated content is seen by the online community as more credible and authentic and if you are not listed in the top five spots, you are losing out to you competitors. With more than 500 million reviews and opinions posted on TripAdvisor to date, and more than 800 million active users on Facebook posting updates and sharing images, social media is dominating the industry. We can help you play in this space…successfully.
Helicopter Tourism Strategy
Selecting the right tourism support team is crucial to the success of your projects. We are confident we can be the right partner for your team:
- Real world advice, insights and experience from our team of proven tourism industry specialists
- Marketing oversight and regional tourism development
- Tour creation and development (know your region, access opportunities)
- Marketing development from branding to social media, SEO, web design
- Project support big or small
- Dedicated team allowing tailored solutions and support to each client’s needs
- Project support remotely or on-site
- Package pricing and a choice of fee options
- Single contact point to a broad range of industry support
2019/2020 Select Client List
- 1. Yellowstone Helicopters (yellowstoneheli.com). Launched in 2019 with sales topping $700,000 in their first season. Our team was behind the overall brand and website design and launch of all online assets and social media for this instantly iconic helicopter tourism company at West Yellowstone gate.
- 2. Horizon Charters (horizoncharters.com). Relaunched in 2008 with annual sales topping $1.2 million seasonally. Our team was responsible or a complete website rebrand and social media relaunch of one of San Diego’s oldest dive charters specializing in great white shark cage diving.
Working with our team of experienced industry specialists we provide practical frameworks and proven solutions for helicopter tourism and your unique aviation and regional tourism challenges. Call us today.